Google Data Studio reports
- Templates Gallery.
- How to Use Templates.
You can export most of the TrueSocialMetrics reports to Google Sheets and import them to Google Data Studio to build beautiful customized visualizations and dashboards.
To make this easier for you we have built several Data Studio templates. Try using them as the basis for your dashboard and customize them along the way.
(one brand, one channel)
Data Source: To use this template export All Posts report. Sample data source.
How to use templates
Follow the steps below to use these templates with your own data:
- Step 1. Export data from your TrueSocialMetrics account.
- Use our Chrome plugin to export with one click.
- OR export each report manually directly from the report page.
- Step 2. Open a Google Data Studio template and click 'Use template' button. Popup window will open.
- Step 3. Add new Data Source to Google Data studio.
- Click on drop-down selector named 'New Data source'.
- Click on the link 'Create New Data source'.
- Select 'Google Sheets' option in 'Connectors' list at the left side of the page.
- In the list 'Spreadsheet' choose the spreadsheet your exported earlier from TrueSocialMetrics.
- Click on 'Connect' button at the top rigth corner of the page.
- Setup field types correctly to make the template work (here's the instruction).
If you want to refresh data
in your Data Studio report:
- Copy and paste new data in your connected spreadsheet (or use a Chrome plugin to do that for you).
- Then click “Refresh data” button in the top right corner of your Data Studio report in Edit mode.
How to setup field types in data sources
For templates to work it's very important to set up field types for data source correctly, so here's how to do it for each report:
All Posts report
Competitors Metric and Cross Channel reports