Last updated: May 25 2018
1. Personal Data we collect
When you sign up for our services, we may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- When you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service issue, complete an application or other forms on the Service we collect the following information directly from you: Your name; Address details; E-mail address. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, as well as social media interactions like your social media handle, username, profile, and messages with our customers.
- We may receive information from you in order to provide our Service. Such information may include a user’s social media handle, username, profile, biography and messages or communications with you. We collect information from individuals employed by you such as their contact information in order to provide our Service.
- For purposes of analysis and improvement of the Service, our servers may automatically record information when you visit our website or use other Services applications (for example, browser extension, Google Data Studio connector, mobile application) including: URL; IP address; Browser type and language; operating system; browsing history on truesocialmetrics.com and Date and time of your request. This data may be combined with your personal data so that we may create optimized and efficient workflows and provide further analysis to improve sales and delivery of our products.
Your personal data is collected to meet one or several of the following requirements:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support concerning the contracts, orders, deliveries, invoices, - fidelity programs, follow-up of the customer relations;
- Constitute a file of registered members, users, customers and prospects;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by email, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would not wish to receive these emails, we offer you the option to check a box expressing your refusal on this subject when data is being collected;
- Improve your user experience;
- Manage customer’s opinions on products, services or contents;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Managing and improve our business, the Service;
- Performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- Concluding the agreement with you or the legal entity you represent;
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Maintaining a contractual relationship with you or the legal entity you represent;
- Managing unpaid invoices and possible disputes about the use of our products and services.
Financial Information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on the Site or through the Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
2. Recipients of the collected data
Only our personnel, the services in charge of control and trusted third-party applications may have access to your personal data. Government agencies may also be recipients of your personal data, exclusively to meet legal obligations, or representatives of the law.
3. Transfer / sale of personal data
We do not sell, transfer or lease your personal data or connected tokens to any third-parties.
4. Transfer of your personal data to outside of the EU/EEA
5. Information Retention and Disposal
We may retain personal information for as long as we have a business need for it or as applicable laws or regulations or government orders require us to retain it. Additionally, the Service may enable you (or other users) to save information including information that you have made public or allowed certain users to access or see.
Your personal data will be stored only as long as it is necessary for the performance of the contract with you and for the purposes set out in section 1 above.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Data relating to bank cards and other payment methods are stored by our secured payment service provider 2Checkout for as long as reasonably required for business purposes or as reasonably required to comply with their legal obligations. By subscribing to the services offered on the Website, you expressly agree to this storage.
6. Information Safety
We take reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
This measures include but are not limited to:
- SSL certificates
- PCI / DSS verification / (that includes policies of password encryptions, data encryptions, payment information storing, access limitation etc.)
- With Google services, our tools will only have rights to access your Google Analytics/Google+/YouTube data (depending on which service you are logging in to), nothing else on your Google account. You can revoke TrueSocialMetric’s right to access your data at any point from your Google account control panel.
- There are a few services that still require you to type your username and password, or API key, into our tools. Any tokens, keys or passwords are stored encrypted in our systems.
- Our data processing and storage happens in monitored data centers managed by Amazon.
- For logging into most of the data sources, our tools use OAuth. This is a secure authentication method, which means that you never have to type your password into our tools, as the authentication happens on a webpage hosted by the data source (eg. Google, Facebook etc.).
We store the following cookies from the following services when you use truesocialmetrics.com properties.
- Session cookie used by the application to store state between page views (such as your current logged in information)
- Google Analytics and Adwords tracking cookies (typically “_ga” and “utm”) for tracking page views
8. Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us form. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you using the Service.
- You may contact us and we will inform what personal data we have collected and processed regarding you and the purposes such data are used for.
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you may object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the Contact Us form. In such case, however, we may not be able to provide to you the services under the agreement.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive or manifestly unfounded. Where we process your personal information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and social media business partners for their review / handling.
If you have questions or concerns about TrueSocialMetrics and privacy Contact Us.